Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A sigh of relief


Finished at last. I thought I'd never get through darning in those dreadful ends. Memo to self: Use a circular needle next time - far fewer ends. The sleeves look too short to me but I used the measurements found in a knitting magazine. It's a long time since I had a small person to use as a model. My beautiful grandsons are 14 and 16 now. I found a couple of marvellous knitting sites today. www.knittinghelp.com and www.knittingpatterncentral.com - free patterns, advice and videos. I'm sure I could get lost in there for a long time.
Gotta go now. I've sneaked a few minutes off from getting the woodworkers newsletter finished but it won't write itself so I'd better get back to it.
Bye for now until next time.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweater - the colors are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie. It was the colours that attracted me to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing jumper, the colours are fantastic. But the ends - oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, darning the ends in was a lesson well learned. The circular needle would have made it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, the thought of weaving in all those ends. You ARE brave. Phew, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave - thank you Minding my own, I'd put it down to not looking before I leapt. I plan to have another go with the circular needle just to see if it is easier. I'm not brave enough to tackle steeks so I'll alter the pattern a wee bit at the sleeve area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patients for sure.. Love all the colours.. great gift :))
    Hope you have a great week.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pat. I'm mesmerised by colour which is why I bought the book that had this pattern in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the colours,, the orange looks beautiful :) Donz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Donz. It's not a colour I usually favour but I find orange adds richness to most colours.

    ReplyDelete