Friday, January 7, 2011

Yippee


I have been looking for a copy of the Baby Surprise jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman for a very long time. Having been a Zimmerman fan for several years, I knew the pattern had been printed in Vogue International back in Spring 2007 but a rummage through my back copies proved unsuccessful. Looking it up on the net I found that it had been printed in a couple of Zimmerman books and so sought the help of the local library who obligingly obtained a copy for me - purchased it especially which involved a six weeks wait as it had to come from America. Unfortunately the BSJ did not feature in that publication and so back to square one. Another internet hunt informed me that the Knitting Workshop was the book that I needed. (Yeah - that's what they said the last time about the other book) The man of the house (may all his camels have twins) decided that the book would make a good birthday present and ordered it for me at the local book shop - another six weeks wait.
I have been hopping around on hot bricks (well not really but you know what I mean) waiting for the shipment to arrive and at last it has, and yes, it does have the BSJ in it along with a whole lot of other stuff that I just can't wait to find time to read. Elizabeth Zimmerman wrote her books in a very readable form, like a chat over a cup of coffee and I'm very glad that her daughter Meg Swansen has continued the work her mother started. We knitters are the better for it.
I'm itching to get started on a BSJ but I'm being very good and finishing off the sweater I'm working on at present in order to avoid another UFO. If you could see my workroom you'd see the logic of that.
I'm off now. There's knitting to be done. Bye for now until next time.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely and yes the wait is a pain , but,,, Now you have it and I am hoping a pic will come soon... Love the way you wrote the blog made me smile , thanks..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pat. I'm looking forward to being able to take a pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to giggle about the "camel" saying.
    Thank you so much for finding, what I too, have been looking for. I have the "Knitter's Almanac" - yet to follow a pattern, but enjoyed the read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, This is a beaut book. I'm enjoying trying a few Zimmerman techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great minds - I've been thinking about that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lauri. I have just learned of a new nephew. One BSJ coming up, though I didn't need an excuse.

    ReplyDelete