Sunday, May 15, 2011

Temptation


That's it. I can't take any more. These balls of yarn have been sitting there, taunting me for a couple of weeks. A friend gave me some of them and, inspired by their rainbow hues, I added a couple more to complete the rainbow spectrum. I love the bright colours and have yielded to their beckoning - one rainbow blanket coming up. Yes, they're acrylic, but the blanket is destined for the local welfare centre and mothers who may not have the facilities to enable them to wash pure wool with the care it needs. I will knit it in the garter stitch patchwork that I enjoy so much. Being something that I have done often, I can take it to knit in the car on long drives. Then I can knit without thinking about it while I enjoy the scenery. I have also started some crocheted granny squares with the leftovers from my last blanket. I don't know whether to call them WIPs or UFOs; a little bit of both, I think.
I can't believe we're almost halfway through the year already, can you?
Must go now. I'm still messing about with that newsletter and I've got to get it out this week.
Bye for now until next time.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely colours ..But how could you leave them sitting there for so long LOL..
    They will look great in a Knit patchwork,, don't forget a pic for us :))
    Hope you are keeping warm :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very happy colours! Acrylic can make lovely blankets - very soft and easy care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see the finished product! the colors will make someone smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished results. Those colours are like sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pat, I'm doing my best to keep warm - dismal failure I'm afraid. Lol. Never mind, at least I have lots of nice warm woollies to snuggle into. There is something to be said for my knitting addiction after all.

    Minding my own, the easy care is the important thing in this case.

    Vikki I think one would have to feel cheerful when wrapped in these lovely colours.

    Maria I can't wait either. I'm really enjoying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knit me, Knit me ... you will obey the call of the wool. Will keep your fingers and knees warm in the making of it. Smiles*!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Annie. Yes I find it hard to resist. A slave to colour. Lol. And it certainly does keep my knees warm whilst I knit.

    ReplyDelete