Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ah Spring


In my corner of the world Spring has arrived and everywhere I look there are blossoming trees and flowers - except in my exact spot, that is. We live at the bottom of a hill and all the cold seems to end up on our block. No kidding, some expert on the radio said that frost flows downhill, so I imagine that cold does the same. Anyway the upshot is that our garden flowers later than the rest of our suburb.
Still I have the helebores bravely keeping me company. Shy little plants, trying very hard to be flambouyant but I had to get down on my knees to get this photo. Also I have had the camelias positively bursting their buttons all winter and there are still a few of them left to enjoy - though not as many as in this photo which I took a few weeks back. Magpie babies have arrived, so it feels like Spring even if it is cold. I hope you're enjoying life in your corner of the world.
Bye for now until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Spring is so exciting and beautiful, cant wait to plant our vegies. My man built us so wonderful big vegie boxes for our front yard, ya hoo just waiting for the frost to go. Little animals running around everywhere, so cute and gorgeous flowers opening up like yours, its always a surprise to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donz. Even the air smells different, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those helebores look wonderful ... worth getting on your knees for :)

    ReplyDelete