Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blog Birthday


Yes it's a year since I started this blog. I really didn't think I'd last half that time and I've got to say I have been encouraged by those of you who have visited my site. Indeed many times I have decided to fold up my tent and move on only to find that some lovely person has popped in to say hello and I decide to stay a while longer. I must say it's a real buzz having visitors from far flung lands as well as those who pop in from just around the corner but its also a bit overwhelming - finding something to say that might interest others is a challenge. Also, two years ago I was completely computer illiterate and have not yet learned to pretty-up my site to make it worth looking at.
Now I come to a problem: I am delighted to have 3 new followers and would like to visit them but they don't appear to have sites - so, to Pattas, Jontina and Sue, hello and welcome. I did try to send a message when I clicked on your little pictures but got myself into a big mess there - found I'd joined my own site. Perhaps you might leave a comment for me and then I can answer you.
Not much doing here today. The man of the house is in bed with the dreaded lurgy, poor love, and I am plying him with hot lemon drinks etc. However, I plan to weild the crochet hook for a bit today. After looking in on some of your sites I am inspired to lift my game. Really ladies you do some beautiful work. I'm off to put the kettle on and then to round up some of my smaller odments.
Bye for now until next time. P.S. The camelias are from my garden. Winter has some compensations doesn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Blogaversary. Write the words, take the pics, post the stories and the people will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! The camelias are lovely - wish our winter was so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Elsie and may you have plenty more fun years ahead*!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel, Thanks for more encouragement.

    Not ready, we whinge a lot don't we? Good thing is our drought has broken, and our dams are 43% full for the first time in many years.

    Thanks Annie, Onward and upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 1st year :) I have so enjoyed your posts and pics, Im not a crafty person at all but love seeing what amazing things you do. I have loved looking at the dolls clothes, the wood work from your man and Joe, and my fave was the pics of those darling animals you took whilst on holidays, I loved them :) keep going clever Else

    ReplyDelete