Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just For Fun


One of the fun things about reaching my senior years is the fact that I can do nutty things and get away with it. In fact its almost expected of one. So here is one of my nutty things. Being a knittaholic I accumulate an awful lot of wool ends. Sure I use them to stuff cushions and soft toys but just for fun I decided to join them all together (the pieces of about 30cms and over) and knit them up into a blanket. I push the knots to one side of the fabric leaving one side smooth the other fluffy and there it is, a nice cosy rug. I knit it on big needles and in strips of about 45 cms wide then sew them together when they get to about 180cms long. I left about 25cms of the seam unsewn in the centre of the first two strips that I put together so that It can be worn as a poncho while I watch telly though the man of the house usually grabs it for that. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm nuts because its fun and its warm and I'm using up waste wool. Daughter & grandsons visiting today so I gotta go. Bye until next time.

4 comments:

  1. well u are talented, I really dont like knitting or sewing, I think its because I dont know how too!! I still have a bank book cover I knitted in grade 1 many many yrs ago, it has holes in it everywhere, I still used it to take my 20cents a week to school for the bank though and was so proud of my self. My cookery apron in form 5 was only thrown out a few yrs ago, still pinned and tacked, oh well never finished it, passed sewing though, must have been several teachers pet I think lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting isn't for everyone Pupurs. I just get twitchy when my hands are idle and knitting is the one craft I've never tired of since I was a little girl. Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far from nutty... that is a great use use of scraps that would otherwise be headed for the bin. My only suggestion would be to put your name on it so that man of the house doesn't get to snuggle up in it before you! Although I guess a better option would be to just snuggle up with him!!!

    Thanks for your lovely comments over my way. We've had a couple of better nights so I have everything crossed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your suggestion and I'll bet he will too. Still hoping the sleep thing will work out for you. Elsie xxx

    ReplyDelete