Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weeping buckets


Not the buckets weeping - me. Well actually just a surreptitious little tear now and again. You see, we have a niece who is a trauma nurse and she, along with several other Intensive Care nurses have put together a book, compiled and edited by Tilda Shalof, of essays describing a day in the lives of each of them. Our niece sent us a copy and I have been reading, enthralled. The battle they face to save the life of each patient defies my understanding. I don't know how they can do the work they do but I'm awfully glad they do it. Sometimes they win and, of course, sometimes the battle is lost and they feel each defeat keenly. Aren't they wonderful? May whatever Supreme Power it is that guides them continue to do so with the richest of blessings.
Raining buckets today - Oo it is luvly - our tanks are overflowing.
Bye for now until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I agrre, these people are amazing in their work. I also admire the people in the RSPCA etc, all animal lovers who must see some dreadful things. Im one who could not possibly do either job and I thank and love all human heroes ,in many of their positions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Heroes is a good name for them. Elsie

    ReplyDelete