One of my little wooden dolls has finally been finished. I don't think it will be ideal to play with as the legs and arms won't move. Interactive dolls are more fun. But it was an experiment and I'm not sorry I made it. I had to knit the tiny pants as only a knitted fabric would stretch far enough to fit over the feet for dressing the doll. And the shoes had to be burned on too as the toy won't stand in knitted socks. That little dress is an easy pattern for tiny dolls - knitted all in one piece from the neck down, there is only a little bit of seam at the back to sew. I closed the back at the neck and waist with tiny press studs as velcro would have been too bulky. The pleated effect in the skirt is just a 2 x 2 rib knitted on an odd number of stitches. Starting every row with two plain, two purl, creates this interesting rib which I find useful when knitting beanies and tea cosies, but it works well here too. The doll's hair is just a knitted scrap of mohair which is glued to the head. The doll is about 5 1/2" or 14 cms tall. Well enough of this daliance. On to serious matters now - I've got a rug to tackle. Have a blessed and happy Easter. Bye for now until next time.